Read these terms and conditions of use carefully before using the product/Service or accessing content on this website. By accessing the product/Service and/or the content contained therein, you acknowledge and represent that you are an authorized user; that you have read this agreement; that you understand it; and that you agree to be bound by all its terms.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
By using Questy, you agree to all of the following terms and conditions therefore you should read it completely and thoroughly. Your use of this site constitutes your acknowledgement, understanding, and agreement to strictly abide by and be legally bound by all of these terms and conditions of use. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions of use or if you do not have the authority to enter into this agreement, then you do not have the right to use this Service or website(s) and you are prohibited from using them.
The following capitalized terms shall have the following meanings whenever used in this Agreement.
- “Licensor” shall mean Promact Infotech Pvt. Ltd (“Promact”) having its registered place of business at 301-6, Wing A-B, Monalisa Complex, Manjalpur, Gujarat 390011 and owns the website https://questy.xyz
- “Licensee” or “Master Licensee” or “Licensee” shall mean you, the individual who has completed this form on behalf of yourself or an organization for which you have the authority to bind to this Agreement. If you are entering into this Agreement on behalf of a legal entity, it shall mean all users from that entity as well.
- “Test Taker” shall mean you, if you are an individual, job applicant, potential employee, or employee using the system solely for the purposes of taking online test(s) but not the individual or entity that has licensed the Service for pre-employment, retention, or similar purposes. A Test Taker shall abide by all terms and conditions as those of the Licensee except it is understood that he or she has not purchased (or is not purchasing) a license to the Service for said purposes.
- “Agreement” shall mean, collectively, these terms and conditions, invoice terms and conditions, hard copy order forms, and online order forms;
- “Service” shall mean the Licensor’s website(s) and the online Service, including offline Services such as customer and technical support
- “Content” shall mean the audio and visual information, documents, software, products and Services contained or made available to Licensee in the course of using the Service;
- “Licensee Data” shall mean all data, information and material provided or submitted by Licensee to the Service in the course of using the Service;
- “Intellectual Property Rights” shall mean all unpatented inventions, patent applications, patents, design rights, copyrights, trademarks, Service marks, trade names, domain name rights, mask work rights, know-how and other trade secret rights, and all other intellectual property rights, derivatives thereof, and forms of protection of a similar nature anywhere in the world;
- “Initial Term” shall mean the initial period during which Licensee is obligated to pay for the Service equal to the billing frequency selected by Licensee during the subscription process (e.g., if the billing frequency is quarterly, the Initial Term is the first quarter);
- “Log-In Information” shall mean usernames and passwords used to access the Service;
- “Free Trial Subscription” shall mean a fee-free, limited-time subscription for purchase consideration only.
- Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Questy grants to Licensee the non transferable and non exclusive right and license to remotely access and use the Service solely for running assessments and contests for its prospective and current employees, school and colleges during the term stated in the account type, as permitted by this Agreement. This license is a worldwide license, with the exception that the Licensee and users cannot access the Services from, or use the Services in, those countries to which exports are prohibited or restricted under any export control laws or regulations.
- When using the Service Licensee shall not, and shall ensure that its affiliates and users do not:
- Copy, translate, decompile, reverse-engineer or otherwise modify any parts of the Service;
- Transmit any content, data or information that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy or right of publicity, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Infringe the intellectual property rights of any entity;
- Interfere with or disrupt Questy software, the Questy systems used to host the Service, other equipment or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- Use the Service in the operation of a Service bureau or time-sharing Service;
- Circumvent the user authentication or security of the Site or Service or any host, network, or account related thereto;
- Use any application programming interface to access the Service other than those made available by Questy;
- Mirror the Service on any server without prior approval from Questy;
- Make any use of the Service that violates any applicable local, state, national, international or foreign law; or
- Fail to use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent the unauthorized license, sale, transfer, lease, transmission, distribution or other disclosure of the Service, or
- Except for licenses provided to users as permitted in this Agreement, allow any third party to use any user identification(s), code(s), password(s), procedure(s) and user keys issued to, or selected by, Licensee for access to the Service.
- The Site may contain links to external web sites and information provided on such external websites by Questy partners and third-party Service providers. Questy shall not be responsible for the contents of any linked web site, or any changes or updates to such sites. Licensee further agrees that Questy shall not be directly or indirectly responsible or liable for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with Licensee use of or reliance on any content, goods or Services available on or through any such linked Website. Any article, information, data, code, text, software, documentation, graphics, image, marketing material, video, photograph, message, or posting to any forum, wiki, or blog on the Site, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person or entity providing the content.
- If Licensee is granted a license under this Agreement to a free (no fee) version of the Service, to the extent permitted by applicable law, Licensee agrees that
- Questy has no obligation to provide any particular Service level or support Services, and
- Questy may cease providing the Service at any time without notice. This Article 1.4 supersedes any conflicting term of this Agreement.
- Questy will provide support for the Service as may be described in the Insertion Order, in particular, enabling the cloud-based Services platform to enable Licensee to create and start delivering assessments in reasonable time, creating a Licensee account on Questy site and using reasonable commercial efforts to ensure that all the Licensee permitted users are able to take up the assessments without unreasonable errors.
- Questy will use commercially reasonable security technologies (such as encryption, password protection and firewall protection) in providing the Service, and Licensee shall comply with the applicable Questy security guidelines and procedures made known to Licensee through the Service or otherwise. However, Questy does not control the transfer of data, including but not limited to Licensee Data, over telecommunications facilities, including the Internet, and Questy does not warrant secure operation of the Service or that such security technologies will be able to prevent third party disruptions of the Service.
- Each Insertion Order shall define:
- The Services to be provided to Licensee by Questy and Questy’s obligations;
- The Content, that may be provided to Licensee in furtherance of the Services;
- The Questy materials associated with the Services,
- Any Licensee obligations;
- The term of the Insertion Order;
- Fees for the Services and
- Certain other appropriate terms and conditions related to the Services. Questy will not begin any Services unless an Insertion Order governing such Services has been duly executed by both parties. Questy may immediately cease performing Services, without liability and without prejudice to its payments, if an Insertion Order expires and is not extended or replaced with a valid Insertion Order.
- Questy shall have the right to use third parties (the “Subcontractors”) in performance of its obligations and Services hereunder. Should Questy use any Subcontractors in performance of its obligations and Services, Questy shall be fully responsible to Licensee for the acts and omissions of its Subcontractors as it is for Questy’s own acts and omissions. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall create any contractual relationship between any Subcontractor and Licensee.
- Use of the Service by Licensee’s direct competitors is prohibited, except with Licensee’s prior written consent.
- Use of the Service for purposes of monitoring its availability, performance or functionality, or for any other benchmarking or competitive purposes are prohibited.
- Licensee is responsible for all its activity occurring under this License.
- Licensee shall not use the Service for employees or candidates for any third-party organizations without Licensor’s express written consent and permission.
- Licensee shall abide by all applicable local, state, national and foreign laws, treaties and regulations in connection with the use of the Service.
- Licensee indemnifies Licensor against Licensee’s misuse or abuse of the Service.
- Licensee shall notify Licensor immediately of any unauthorized use or any known or suspected breach of security, notify Licensor immediately, and use all reasonable efforts to stop any known or suspected copying or distribution of Content.
- Licensee shall not allow an unauthorized third party to gain access to the Service.
- Licensee shall keep all Login Information confidential, and it may only be used by Licensee.
- Licensee shall not:
- License, sublicense, sell, resell, transfer, assign, distribute or otherwise commercially exploit or make the Service or the Content available to any third party in any way;
- Modify or make derivative works based upon the Service or the Content;
- Create Internet “links” to the Service or “frame” or “mirror” any Content on any other server or wireless or Internet-based device; or
- Reverse engineer or access the Service in order to
- Build a competitive product or service,
- Build a product using similar ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Service, or
- Copy any ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Service.
- Send or store infringing, obscene, threatening, libellous, or otherwise unlawful or tortious material, including material harmful to children or violative of third-party privacy rights;
- Send or store material containing software viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other harmful computer code, files, scripts, agents or programs;
- Interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Service or the data contained therein; or
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service or its related systems or networks.
- Use the Service for pre-employment purposes or new employee or applicant screening during the Free Trial period or at any time prior to a purchase of the Service, unless it shall have the express written consent and permission of Licensor.
PAYMENT OF FEES
- Master Licensee shall pay all fees and invoices immediately ‘on receipt,’ in accordance with Licensor’s payment terms listed on its invoices. All payment obligations are non-cancellable and all amounts paid are non-refundable. Licensor reserves the right to modify its fees and to introduce new charges at any time, upon at least 30 days prior notice to Licensee, which notice may be provided by e-mail. Licensor charges and collects in advance for use of the Service. Licensor’s fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and Licensee shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties. This provision does not apply to Questy’s income taxes, or any taxes for which Licensee is exempt, provided Licensee has furnished Questy with a valid tax exemption certificate. All pricing terms are confidential, and shall not be disclosed to any third parties, unless available on the website for public consumption.
- Licensor reserves the right to suspend or terminate this Agreement and Licensee access to the Service in the event that the account becomes delinquent (falls into arrears).If Licensee or Licensor initiates termination of this Agreement, Licensee will be obligated to pay the balance due on Licensee’s account. Licensee agrees that Licensor may charge such unpaid fees to Licensee’s credit card or otherwise bill License for such unpaid fees.
- Licensee agrees to provide Licensor with complete and accurate billing and contact information. This information shall include Licensee’s legal entity name, street address, e-mail address, and name and telephone number of an authorized billing contact. Licensee agrees to update this information within thirty days of any changes.
- Licensor reserves the right to impose a reinstatement fee in the event Licensee are suspended and thereafter request access to the Service. Licensee agrees and acknowledge that Licensor has no obligation to retain Licensee Data and that such Licensee Data may be irretrievably deleted if Licensee’s account is 30 days or more delinquent.
- Licensee shall not be required to pay fees for Free Trial Subscriptions, however Free Trial Subscriptions may be terminated by Licensor at any time and at Licensor’s sole discretion.
- The Master Licensee warrants and represents that he or she has both the right and authority to enter into this Agreement. In the event that the Master Licensee does not have the right or authority to enter its organization into this Agreement, then Master Licensee hereby personally accepts full financial liability and legal responsibility of payment for this Agreement.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNERSHIP
- Reservation of Rights. By signing this Agreement, Licensee irrevocably acknowledges that Licensee has no ownership interest in the Questy Materials. Questy shall own all right, title, and interest in such Questy Materials, subject to any limitations associated with intellectual property rights of third parties. All the Content may only be used solely as a part and for the duration of the Service, in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. Questy or its licensors owns all right, title and interest in any and all patent rights, copyrights, trademark rights and other rights in the Site and Service (including, but not limited to the Content, reports, data generated by the Site/Services), as well as any improvements, design contributions or derivative works conceived or created by either party in or to the Service, including the know-how, techniques, or procedures acquired or used by Questy in the performance of Services hereunder. Questy reserves all rights not specifically granted herein. This provision does not grant Questy with ownership of Licensee IP as defined above. Licensee shall not remove notices and notations on the Site or in the Service that refer to copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights and other intellectual property rights.
- To the extent that Services to be provided herein involve Questy’s use of Licensee’s trademarks, service marks, trade names, or other intellectual property and content (the “Licensee IP”), Licensee hereby permits Questy to use Licensee IP solely in connection with such listing and list Licensee in its general list of customers. Questy shall comply with Licensee’s guidelines regarding use of Licensee IP.
- As used herein, the party disclosing Confidential Information is the “Disclosing Party” and the party receiving the Confidential Information is the “Recipient”.
- “Confidential Information” shall mean information, which has been labelled in writing as confidential when disclosed or, if the disclosure is made orally or in a presentation, the information will be identified as confidential at the time of disclosure and the Disclosing Party will promptly provide the Recipient a written summary of the confidential information within thirty (30) days. For purposes of this Agreement, “Confidential Information” shall also include the following information belonging to each party: any information, technical data or know-how including, but not limited to, that which comprises or relates to the other party’s confidential and proprietary trade secrets, hardware, software (source code and object code), screens, firmware, specifications, designs, plans, drawings, data, prototypes, discoveries, research, developments, processes, procedures, intellectual property, market research, marketing techniques and plans, business plans and strategies, proprietary or third party content, customer names and other information related to customers, price lists, pricing policies and financial information or other business and/or technical information and materials, in oral, demonstrative, written, electronic, graphic or machine-readable form and any analyses, compilations, studies or documents. In all events, Questy Materials shall be deemed to be the Confidential Information of Questy or its third-party licensors, to the extent the same is not in the public domain.
- During the term of this Agreement, and for a period of five (5) years from the date of termination hereof and the return of Confidential Information to the Disclosing Party, the Recipient agrees to use the same care and discretion to avoid disclosure, publication, or dissemination of the Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information as it would be its own confidential information of like kind, but in any case, using reasonable care.
- Each party agrees, at all times, to use all reasonable efforts, but in any case, no less than the efforts that each party uses in the protection of its own Confidential Information of like value to protect Confidential Information belonging to the other party. Each party agrees to restrict access to the other party’s Confidential Information only to those employees or consultants, who
- require access in the course of their assigned duties and responsibilities, and
- are bound by obligations of nondisclosure no less restrictive than those set forth in this Section 4.
- Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to convey any title or ownership rights to the Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party or to any patent, copyright, trademark, or trade secret embodied therein, or to grant any other right, title, or ownership interest in the Confidential Information to the Recipient.
- Without granting any right or license, the obligations of the parties under this Section 4 shall not apply to any material or information that:
- Is or becomes a part of the public domain through no act or omission by the Recipient;
- Is independently developed by the Recipient without use of the Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information;
- Is rightfully obtained from a third party without any obligation of confidentiality to the receiving party; or
- Is already known by the Recipient without any obligation of confidentiality prior to obtaining Confidential Information from the Disclosing Party.
- The Recipient shall not be liable for disclosure of Confidential Information if made in response to a valid order of a court or authorized agency of government provided that notice is promptly given to the Disclosing Party so that a protective order may be sought and other efforts employed to minimize the required disclosure. The Recipient shall cooperate with the Disclosing Party in seeking the protective order and engaging in such other efforts.
- Each party acknowledges that any unauthorized disclosure or use of the Confidential Information would cause the Disclosing Party imminent irreparable injury and that the Disclosing Party shall be entitled to seek, in addition to any other remedies available at law or in equity, temporary, preliminary, and permanent injunctive relief in the event the other party does not fulfill its obligations under this Section.
TERMINATION UPON EXPIRATION
This Agreement commences upon the first use of the Service by the Licensee. Upon the expiration of the Initial Term, this Agreement will automatically renew for successive renewal terms equal in duration to the Initial Term (or one year, if the Initial Term is greater than one year) at Licensor's then current fees. Either party may terminate this Agreement by notifying the other party in writing at least five (5) business days prior to the date of the invoice for the following term. In the case of free trials, notifications provided through the Service indicating the remaining number of days in the free trial shall constitute notice of termination. Licensee agrees and acknowledges that Licensor has no obligation to retain the Customer Data, and may delete such Customer Data, more than 30 days after termination.
TERMINATION FOR CAUSE
Any breach of Licensee's payment obligations or unauthorized use of Licensor's Service shall be deemed a material breach of this Agreement. The unauthorized use of any Log-In Information, either with or without Licensee's knowledge, shall be deemed a breach of this Agreement, and may constitute a violation of Licensee's copyrights. User is responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of all Login Information, and for preventing access to the Product and/or the Content by unauthorized persons. Unauthorized access to or use of the Product and/or the Content by someone using User's Login information may be attributed to User. Licensor, in its sole discretion, may terminate Licensee's password, account or use of the Service if Licensee breaches or otherwise fails to comply with this Agreement. In addition, Licensor may terminate a free account at any time in its sole discretion. Licensee agrees and acknowledges that Licensor has no obligation to retain the Licensee Data, and may delete such Licensee Data, if Licensee has materially breached this Agreement, including but not limited to failure to pay outstanding fees, and such breach has not been cured within 30 days of notice of such breach.
- Authority.Licensee and Questy warrant that each has the right to enter into this Agreement and that the Agreement and all Insertion Orders executed hereunder shall be executed by an authorized representative of each party.
- Disclaimer of Warranties.The Service, including Content, is provided “as is”, and Questy makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of such Content. Except as otherwise stated in this agreement, Questy makes no other warranties, express or implied, including express or implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
Questy will defend, indemnify and hold harmless Licensee, its parents, subsidiaries, distributors, dealers, affiliates, successors or assigns, and their directors, officers, employees and representatives ("Licensee Parties"), from and against any and all actions, suits, proceedings, claims, demands, losses, costs, damages, and expenses, including but not limited to, interest, penalties, court costs, and attorneys' fees collectively "Claims"), resulting or arising out of any gross negligent act or omission, willful misconduct of Questy, its officers, directors, subsidiaries, subcontractors, contractors, agents, or employees ("Questy Parties") arising out of or related to Questy’s Services.
Questy shall have no liability under this Section unless: (i) Licensee timely notifies Questy in writing after Licensee becomes aware of a claim; and (ii) Questy has sole control of the settlement, compromise, negotiation, and defense of any such action; and (iii) Licensee cooperates, in good faith, in the defense of any such legal action.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
Licensor and its licensors make no representation, warranty, or guarantee as to the reliability, timeliness, quality, suitability, truth, availability, accuracy or completeness of the service or any content. licensor and its licensors do not represent or warrant that:
- The use of the service will be secure, timely, uninterrupted or error-free or operate in combination with any other hardware, software, system or data,
- The service will meet licensee requirements or expectations,
- Any stored data will be accurate or reliable,
- The quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by licensee through the service will meet licensee’s requirements or expectations,
- Errors or defects will be corrected, or
- The service or the server(s) that make the service available are free of viruses or other harmful components. the service and all content are provided to licensee strictly on an “as is” basis. all conditions, representations and warranties, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of third-party rights, are hereby disclaimed to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law by licensor and its licensors.
- In no event shall licensor, its affiliates or content providers be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages arising out of or related to the use, inability to use, authorized use, performance or non-performance of this site, even if licensor was previously advised of the possibility of such damages and regardless of whether such damages arise in contract, tort, under statute, in equity, at law or otherwise.
- Licensor shall not be liable for any delay occasioned by an act of god or the public enemy, or; by riot, insurrection, strikes, labour disputes, or any failure or delay by any internet service provider, internet content delivery service or agency for any act, delay, or omission due to their negligence.
- Licensor’s services may be subject to limitations, delays, and other problems inherent in the use of the internet and electronic communications. licensor shall not be responsible for any delays, delivery failures, loss of data, or other damage resulting from such problems.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
In no event shall either party's aggregate liability exceeds the amounts actually paid by and/or due from licensee in the six (6) month period immediately preceding the event giving rise to such claim. in no event shall either party and/or its licensors be liable to anyone for any indirect, punitive, special, exemplary, incidental, consequential or other damages of any type or kind (including loss of data, revenue, profits, use or other economic advantage) arising out of, or in any way connected with this service, including but not limited to the use or inability to use the service, or for any content obtained from or through the service, any interruption, inaccuracy, error or omission, regardless of cause in the content, even if the party from which damages are being sought or such party's licensors have been previously advised of the possibility of such damages.
Compliance with Laws
Both parties agree to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances relating to its performance under this Agreement.
Neither party may assign its rights or delegate its duties under this Agreement whether by operation of law, change of control, or in any other manner, without the prior written consent of the other party. Such consent shall not be unreasonably withheld. Any assignment or transfer in violation of this Section 9.2 shall be null and void.
The provisions set forth in Sections 4, 5, 6,7, 8, 12, 13, and 14 of this Agreement shall survive termination or expiration of this Agreement.
Any notice required under this Agreement shall be given in writing and shall be deemed effective upon delivery to the party to whom addressed. All notices shall be sent to the applicable address specified on the face page hereof or to such other address as the parties may designate in writing. Unless otherwise specified, all notices to Questy shall be sent to the attention of the "Manager-Finance". Any notice of material breach pursuant to Section 8 shall clearly define the breach including the specific contractual obligation that has been breached.
Questy shall not be liable to Licensee for any delay or failure of Questy to perform its obligations hereunder, if such delay or failure arises from any cause or causes beyond the reasonable control of Questy. Such causes shall include, but are not limited to, acts of God, floods, fires, loss of electricity or other utilities, or delays by Licensee in providing required resources or support or performing any other requirements hereunder.
In the event of a conflict between the terms and conditions of this Agreement, an Insertion Order, or an exhibit the terms and conditions of the Insertion Order or exhibit shall prevail, in that order.
This Agreement, including any separately executed Insertion Orders shall constitute the entire agreement between the parties regarding the subject matter hereof and supersede all proposals and prior discussions and writings between the parties with respect thereto.
The parties agree that this Agreement cannot be altered, amended or modified, except by a written document, signed by an authorized representative of each party.
Headings are for reference purposes only, have no substantive effect, and shall not enter into the interpretation hereof.
No failure or delay in enforcing any right or exercising any remedy will be deemed a waiver of any right or remedy.
Severability and Reformation
Each provision of this Agreement is a separately enforceable provision. If any provision of this Agreement is determined to be or becomes unenforceable or illegal, such provision shall be reformed to the minimum extent necessary in order for this Agreement to remain in effect, in accordance with its terms as modified by such reformation.
Choice of Law
This agreement shall be governed and interpreted by the laws of India. All disputes, differences or claims with respect to any matter arising out of or relating to the Agreement shall be finally settled through the provisions of The Arbitration and Conciliation Act 1996, as amended from time to time having seat of arbitration at New Delhi and the language of such arbitration being English. Subject to above the courts at Vadodara, India, shall have exclusive jurisdiction.