When a company starts a new business or plans for expansion, its recruiters will need to hire interns, fresh graduates, and skilled IT professionals; and all resumes highlight the specific requirements mentioned by the recruiters in the job posting. However, the trickiest part of the story is hiring software developers. The question is, how would you validate their technical skills? Do they actually possess the employability traits you are looking for?
Whether you belong to the corporate industry or recruitment agencies, if you are going by the painstaking traditional interviewing process and assessing the skills of individual applicants, it sure will surely be more challenging. Moreover, it is a huge waste of resources and time. How do you ensure efficient screening in a short span of time?
Thanks to Questy’s online programming assessment tool, you have an answer. Questy is an automated talent management software to help the assessors recognize a candidate’s programming skills. It can be implemented smoothly to screen a large number of candidates at one go. Questy is revolutionary when it comes to Automated Code Testing & implementation . Let’s explore more.
Why Opt for an Automated Testing Tool?
An automated code testing tool enables the hiring managers to test the employability traits of the candidates. In the software industry, the desired qualification in a candidate may vary, but some always remain constant, such as:
- Quick adaptability
- Excellent coding skills
- Logical and Structured Thinking
- Familiarity in programming languages
Going by traditional recruitment process, it can become a serious challenge to scale the applicants on these parameters at once.
Questy helps the assessors create appropriate test cases and measure the skills of the candidates on multiple parameters, thus, helps save valuable time from repetitive assessment sessions.
Features and Benefits
Questy helps the hiring managers to skim the best developers from a pool of candidates. A recruiter can create and selectively add multiple programming questions with test cases and share the link with the eligible applicants.
Successful candidates will showcase their coding skills in a remotely controlled environment and submit the results. Based on the detailed log and correctness, the recruiter can easily filter the desired candidates for the next round of interviews.
Benefits of using Questy are:
- Automated code testing & compilation: Entire test environment is automated and needs no human intervention for code testing and compilation.
- Automated score calculation: Submitted codes on Questy platform are calculated automatically and scored.
- Test-Case based Code Review: Assessors can create tests with test cases to evaluate coding skills of potential candidates.
- Time-bound tests: Test conductors can customize the time of the test and during the test they can evaluate the job-readiness and presence of mind of the applicants.
- Reduces in-person administration: With the help of IP restrictions and browser tolerance strict and appropriate measurements are taken to prevent unfair exam practices and therefore, does not need personal intervention.
- Comprehensive Report: Test scorecard includes a comprehensive report – detailed log, code compilation results, number of attempts, duration and detailed information on the expected versus actual input and output.
- Hackathons: Apart from pre-hiring assessments, use Questy for hackathons and boost confidence among your employees while finding innovative solutions to coding problems.
- Scalable recruitment based on coding skills evaluation: Questy is flawless when it comes to testing & evaluation. It eliminates chances of human error in evaluating the test results and generates unbiased and error-free scorecard.
- Efficient hiring of Programmers: Why waste time on screening candidates based on their resume or interview, when you can easily evaluate their programming skills first.
While assessing coding capabilities is one of the prime factors in hiring software developers, other factors like presence of mind, ability to take up challenges, soft skills are also important.